Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program*
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides free tax preparation services for eligible low and moderate income families. We are part of a larger multi-county coalition called Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Our tax preparers are volunteers trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). VITA provides free electronic filing of taxes.
VITA helps families who are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (a refundable federal tax credit for low- income working families), typically those households making less $54,000 per year.
Our VITA site is located in 4Cs Hayward office and operates Thursday evenings from 5pm-8:30pm January 26th through April 13th, 2017. Drop-off tax preparation services are also available Monday through Thursday from 10am-4pm and Fridays 10am to Noon. Taxes will be prepared within 3-5 business days. Call us at 510.582.2182 ext. 3141 for more information.
Be sure to bring with you to receive free tax preparation assistance the following items:
**Returning Clients must also bring all of the following; we have new software and all information must be re-entered into the new program!
1) Photo ID for all family members on the tax return
2) Social Security Card or ITIN for all family members on the tax return
3) W-2s, 1099s, 1098s and all other tax forms
4) Savings and checking account information. Please note: routing numbers are different for the different bank accounts, make sure you have correct information from the bank.
5) All health insurance forms (1095 A,B, or C)
6) Last year's tax return
*Volunteers are needed for the 2017 tax season! Interested in helping? Find more information here.