During the current shelter-in-place order, 4Cs' staff are priotizing essential worker needs. If you need general child care referrals please check back after the shelter-the-in-place is lifted
As a parent, if your job has been deemed essential (see https://covid19.ca.gov/img/EssentialCriticalInfrastructureWorkers.pdf for exhaustive list), 4Cs is so grateful for your dedication and sacrifice during this COVID-19 emergency. The early care and education community is dedicated to providing referrals to available child care for children birth - 12 years. We have surveyed our child care providers across the County and many of them have let us know they are available to support you. At this time, this referral service is only for essential workers, as per our California state Governor’s order. At these time, these specialized requests are not open to the general public. 4Cs resource and referral staff are trying our best to safely and responsibly respond to needs within 1-2 business days.
- This is a rapidly evolving situation so your patience and understanding are appreciated.
- At this time, you will be responsible for payment to the child care provider. The County of Alameda is working on payment assistance for those who need it and we will inform you if we are able to secure resources.
- Child care is not guaranteed. When we receive your referral form, our counselors will work with you and provide you options based on your input. The final decision and choice will be between you and the provider
- This referral service is for placement in a child care setting in Alameda County. If your need or choice for your child care setting is outside of Alameda County, we will pass your request to that County.
- Please note: By State Order child care facilities can remain open only for children of parents working in essential sectors. Refer to the Alameda County Public Health Department’s COVID-19 website for additional information on this order.
The intake form lists the occupations eligible for this first round of outreach and referrals. If you fall into one of the eligible categories on the form, please complete the form at your earliest convenience. Alameda County is working diligently to connect COVID-19 emergency and essential personnel to available child care as best we can. If you have questions about this form, please email email@example.com or call our Referral line at 510-582-2182 ext. 3198.
At this time, 4Cs Resource and Referral team is focusing on meeting the child care needs of essential workers. By State Order child care facilities can remain open only for children of parents working in essential sectors. Refer to the Alameda County Public Health Department’s COVID-19 website for additional information on this order. Please check back after the shelter-in-place is lifted for child care referral information for all families in Southern Alameda County. Thank you for your understanding.